Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Busting My Bootie

 I got really lazy for a short time there. Yeah, I finally threw out my 5 lb bag of Reese Cups and decided to get my ass in gear.

So, the last 15 days I have been huffing and puffing and doing what I used to do best. Exercise. Yeah, first one to say "Pain is weakness leaving the body" gets throat chopped. Pain is not weakness leaving the body, it's just pain......you'll get what I am saying once you see how high a deductible on your medical insurance is. Meanwhile, you young people live it up because that wonderful body and metabolism and fitness comes without a guarantee.

So back to me. There I was tonight, in the dark, bouncing my fat ass around the neighborhood. Three mailboxes walk, three mailboxes jog! Wash, rinse, repeat! Do that for 3 miles and then come home and strip naked as the front door is closing because the humidity here in Houston is a bitch! My husband has walked 4 out of the last 5 days for about 20% of the time I have and yeah, he's lost 5 lbs. Lovely ain't it? I have lost 4 lbs in 8 days b/c I cardio, cardio, cardio.

Now before you think I am overdoing it, let me be clear. TONIGHT I did the 3 miles huffing and puffing around the neighborhood. I did it Monday night too. I am not killing myself everyday doing this. I normally do 30 minutes of walk/jogging on my treadmill. At the same speed. In the A/C.

Getting out and really tearing it up (or turtle'ing it up b/c I am really slow!) has reminded me of how much I really enjoyed running and how in control I am when I am doing it. I may have a little bit of achy calves and ankles when I am done but the feeling of "Hell Yeah! Take that McFatty, I am still the bomb diggity" really does feel good.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for getting back on track. I had fallen off the wagon of sorts as well, and put on about 15 lbs from my lowest weight. I decided to join Weight Watchers and it's helping me get a healthy relationship with food (that is something WLS didn't even close to fix for me!). I still want to meet you one of these days! We live so close to each other, and we need to make it happen!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Laurie! We will meet (eventually LOL)! Things, as usual during summer months, are quite busy! Hope to see you soon! By the way, there are community walks in Tomball at 8a.m. every Saturday morning at the gazebo by the Depot museum. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for snapping back! You WILL do this! Great idea for a jog/walk...might try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete