Monday, September 21, 2009

Whirlwind of things happening

Wow, I haven't blogged in quite a few days. I have been busy helping my nephew with his school stuff and doing things for my family. One thing that we did do, is finally get out of the house this weekend and went bowling. I loved it, even though I am not a good bowler!

So here is what has been happening. I have decided not to write to my sister in law anymore. She doesn't deserve my time, I really am quite tired of her stressing me with her selfish ways. I have eaten poorly the last few days. Not because I was even hungry but simply because I saw food, so I ate it.

Today (Monday) I figured to counteract the bad foods I ate today, I'd do the liquid diet for breakfast and lunch to keep me on track. I also walked/jogged for 30 minutes on my treadmill. I am not saying I jogged fast, just jogged LOL. I did a total of 1.62 miles! Yay for me because last week I was only doing 1.1 miles on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

I have been contemplating home schooling my nephew. He has mentioned it once in an essay he wrote. The essay was about his favorite place which he says is home (he means my home).  He says in his essay that he would like to be at home and have his aunt home school him. I will have to talk to my neighbors because they home school their kids. I thought it would be easy but apparently you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what the heck they are talking about when you go to the websites that are supposed to tell you how to do that here in Houston. Arggh!
I know it really can't be that hard to get started.

I will see how this first 9 wks goes for his report card. If he does fairly well in school then I will keep him there but if he starts to falter then I will see about home schooling him. I really do not agree with placement testing. They gave his class an assessment test Friday and on the test for Math they had graphs. It was not something they covered this year and he made a 60. Well that 60 has been added as a major grade for his report card. His average went from a 96 to a 78 with that one test! It can really frustrate a child who is trying his best. He came home and asked me if I was mad, but I am not mad. I told him that we would practice graphs tonight after he finished his homework. Poor little guy, I am sure he will get the hang of it!

Well I am off, just figured I'd update my blog. Not much really going on!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristie.

    I am so very proud of all you are doing for Cody; that he FINALLY has someone who truly cares about HIM and his well-being and happiness. Thank you. I think you made a very good decision to quit writing her. I have friends who have home schooled and even my brother Lou homeschooled his kids for 12 years and they can give you pointers. They got a very good education (my nephew is a senior this year and went to public school last year for first time. He is top of his class and even got chosen for NASA program this summer.) Let me know. I love all your blogs, just don't comment on all of them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete